YOUR GAMO PRODUCT CAN BE DANGEROUS IF MISHANDLED
GAMO products are air powered and can be dangerous. GAMO air rifles and pistols are extremely powerful and shoot with higher energy than traditional spring and BB guns. When using a GAMO product you must handle it according to GAMO’s instructions. Mishandling a GAMO product can lead to injury or death. Air rifle and pistol ownership carries with it great responsibility. Be extremely careful with your air gun. Handle it with caution. Do not take risks. Like all air gun safeties, the safeties on GAMO air rifles and pistols are mechanical devices and should not be relied on. The shooter is ultimately responsible for the safety of himself and bystanders.
All air rifle and pistol models are different. Each product has its own unique characteristics. Do not handle a GAMO product or similar air rifle or air gun until you are thoroughly familiar with the product. Carefully read the HANDBOOK and SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS before firing or disassembling your gun.
GAMO is not responsible for a malfunctioning of the product, or for physical injury or property damage, resulting in whole or in part from (1) criminal or negligent discharge, (2) improper or careless handling, (3) unauthorized modifications, (4) defective or improper ammunition, (5) corrosion, (6) neglect, or (7) other influences beyond our direct and immediate control. This limitation applies regardless of whether liability is asserted on the basis of contract, negligence or strict liability (including any failure to warn). Under no circumstance shall GAMO be liable for incidental or consequential damages, such as loss of use of property, commercial loss and loss of earnings or profits.
Air rifles and pistols are not toys! These products can cause serious injury or death to anyone within 310 yards of the muzzle. That is over three football fields!
SAFETY RULES FOR AIR RIFLES AND PISTOLS
- ALWAYS USE EYE PROTECTION.
- ALWAYS USE HEARING PROTECTION.
- AIR GUNS ARE NOT TOYS. THEY SHOULD ONLY BE USED UNDER ADULT SUPERVISION. SAFETY IS STRAIGHTFORWARD BUT CONTINUOUS PROCESS. THE UNSUPERVISED USE OF AIR GUNS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PERSONS UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE.
- THINK FIRST, FIRE SECOND.
- ALWAYS POINT THE GUN IN A SAFE DIRECTION. NEVER POINT YOUR AIR GUN AT PEOPLE OR ANIMALS EVEN IF IT IS NOT LOADED.
- ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGERS AWAY FROM THE TRIGGER DURING COCKING AND HANDLING. KEEP YOUR FINGER AWAY FROM THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE.
- ALWAYS BE CERTAIN OF WHAT IS BEHIND YOUR TARGET. MAKE SURE YOUR TARGET DOES NOT CONCEAL A PERSON OR SOME OBJECT WHICH COULD BE HARMED BY THE PELLETS.
- DO NOT FIRE AT A TARGET WHICH ALLOWS RICOCHETS OR DEFLECTIONS. DO NOT FIRE INTO OR AT WATER.
- NEVER USE DRUGS OR ALCOHOL WHILE HANDLING THIS PRODUCT.
- NEVER REUSE PELLETS.
- THE AIR GUN AND PELLETS SHOULD BE KEPT IN SEPARATE PLACES, IF POSSIBLE UNDER LOCK AND KEY.
- AFTER USE AND BEFORE PUTTING THE AIR GUN AWAY, ALWAYS MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THERE ARE NO PELLETS IN THE CHAMBER.
- DO NOT LOAD THE AIR GUN UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE. DO NOT WALK, RUN OR JUMP WHEN CARRYING A LOADED AIR GUN. A LOADED AIR GUN SHOULD NEVER BE CARRIED INSIDE A VEHICLE. ALWAYS KEEP SAFETY ON, EVEN WHEN THE AIR GUN IS UNLOADED.
- DO NOT TAMPER WITH OR MODIFY ANY PART OF YOUR AIR GUN. IF A MALFUNCTION SHOULD OCCUR, CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL GUNSMITH. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE INTERNAL MECHANISM OF YOUR AIR GUN, SINCE SPECIAL TOOLS ARE NEEDED AND THIS COULD BE DANGEROUS.
- IF YOUR GUN IS DESIGNED TO ALLOW PELLETS IN THE MAGAZINE, PLACE PELLETS WITH THE SKIRT TOWARD THE BUTT OF THE GUN.
- TO UNLOAD YOUR REPEATING GUN, MAKA SURE YOU REMOVE THE PELLET OR BB IN THE BREECH AND ALL PELLETS OR BB’S FROM THE MAGAZINE.
- NEVER LEAVE THE SHOOTING RANGE OR HUNTING AREA UNTIL YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CONFIDENT THAT YOUR GUN IS COMPLETELY UNLOADED. THIS MEANS UNLOADING THE MAGAZINE AND BREECH AND TRANFER PLATE. AFTER YOU ARE CONFIDENT THAT THE GUN IS COMPLETELY EMPTY, PERFORM ONE LAST CHECK: COCK THE GUN AND FIRE IT IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
- ALWAYS KEEP THE AIR GUN AND/OR PELLETS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
YOU MUST USE EYE AND EAR PROTECTION
The fact that your GAMO product is powered by compressed air instead of burning gun powder does not reduce the need for eye and ear protection. Always wear adequate shooting glasses and ear protection whenever you are shooting. Always make certain that persons close to you are similarly protected. In addition to the obvious hazard associated with projectiles damaging eyes, unprotected eyes may be injured by debris which may escape occasionally from your air gun in Normal use. Without ear protection, repeated exposure to shooting noise may lead to permanent hearing loss.
MECHANICAL GUN SAFETIES
NEVER RELY ON ANY MECHANICAL SAFETY MECHANISM. A mechanical safety is NOT a substitute for thought and caution on your part. Your air rifle or air gun comes equipped with an effective, well-designed safety device.
NO safety, however positive or well-designed, should be trusted. Like all mechanical devices, the safety is subject to breakage or malfunction and can be adversely affected by wear, abuse, dirt, corrosion, incorrect assembly, improper adjustment or repair, or lack of maintenance.
There is no such thing as a safety which is child-proof or which can prevent accidental discharge from improper use, carelessness, or horseplay. The best safety mechanism is your own good sense; USE IT! Always handle your air rifle or air gun as though you expect the safety NOT to work!
Never point any air rifle or air gun at any part of your body or at another person. No one will be injured if you obey this rule, even if an accidental discharge occurs. Leave the safety on when loading your air gun and until you are ready to shoot with the air gun pointed at the target!
Always keep your fingers off the trigger and point the muzzle in a safe direction when engaging or disengaging the safety.
When applying the safety, be certain to move it fully into position. On some models a red warning dot is located beside the safety; when the safety is fully on, the red dot should be completely covered. Always remember, half-safe is NOT SAFE!
Never carry any air gun with a round in the chamber and the safety off.